Friday, April 14, 2006

The Passion Of Christ... Thank you Lord!

Good Friday everyone,

As we enter Easter Weekend, full of Easter Egg Hunts, tales of the Easter Bunny and showing up at Easter Sunday service showing off your flyest wears, lets not forget the true meaning of this holiday.

I had heard the Crucifixion story of Jesus dying on the cross for our sins so we can have eternal life many ways, by many pastors and preachers at many churches but it wasn't until the movie The Passion Of Christ, did I have a true appreciation of what Christ went through for us, even while we were still sinners and unworthy of His gift.

The images in the movie somehow made it real and more personal for me. I thought I knew the story but seeing it re-enacted on the big screen took it to another level for me. I left the movie with a firmer hold on my faith. (I suggest you see the movie if you havent yet)

Do you really understand the gift you received. God gave his only Son to die for our sins so we may have eternal life. Do you appreciate the incredible sacrifice He made because He loves us more than we deserve? Is it real for you? If so, what made it real and personal for you?


Christ had offered for all time a single sacrifice for our sins.
- Hebrews 10:12 (NRSV)
What an awesome God we serve!!!
Father God, thank you for the gift of eternal life that was brought with the blood of your only begotten son. Thank you for loving us more than we deserve. In the name of your Son, Jesus Christ, Lord and Master,
we pray,
AMEN
AMEN
AMEN

He Lives!
Celebrate this Easter...
Jesus died and rose for you!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home