Monday, August 24, 2009

GOD IS CALLING YOU.... YES YOU!!!!

I often hear people say stuff like God can't use me because, I'm not this or I'm not that. Well nuthin could be further from the truth. God has a great work for all of us to do. God told Jeremiah: "Before I made you in your mother's womb, I chose you. Before you were born, I set you apart for a special work." - Jeremiah 1:5. The same applies to each and every one of us, we were placed on this planet for a special assignment. Now before I go any further let me say here, when God called me to write the book; Spiritual Minded da daily devotion for the hip-hop generation and to use my talents and gifts He gave me and my long standing love of hip-hop to take it to the streets so to speak and teach the truth to the young black youth, I was more than a little relentless.I was comin at God like yo for real there are many other cats that are much more qualified than me to do this. I don't hold any degrees in theology, I can't spit out scripture like that, I wasn't the most elegant speaker or every the greatest writer. I write in slang and most of my writing is in run-on sentances and not exactly gramactically correct. I'm saying I would drive ya average English teacher crazy with how I get down.But much like Paul, God wasnt looking for an elegant speaker, He was looking for a relentless doer, someone who was gonna get it in for Him. He wasn't necessarily looking for someone with degrees in theology or even someone who could spit the Bible, chapter and verse at the drop of hat like that! But someone they would never see comin, to do His work!I know Im not the only one who feel or has felt that way. And to all of you who feel you are not worthy of doin great things for da King, let me break it down to you like this. Let keep it real and look at the cats God has used in the Bible. Abraham was an old man, Jacob was insecure, Leah was unattractive, Joseph was abused, Moses stuttered, Gideon was poor, Samson was codependent, Rahab was immoral, David had an affair and all kinds of family issues, Elijah was suicidal, Jeremiah was depressed, Jonah was reluctant, Naomi was a widow, they say that John the Baptist was an eccentic cat to say the least, Peter was impulsive and hot-tempered, Martha worried a lot, the Samaritian woman had several failed marriages, Zaccaeus was unpopular, Thomas had madd doubts, Paul was in poor health, and Timothy was timid. And you thought you had issues.God uses those who others would never expect, so He gets all the glory. We were saved for service to God, not so God could serve-us, for employment, not just enjoyment. So next time you feel God can't use you cause you have issues or you are too.. and not (fill in your short comin here) enuf, remember the cast of misfits, listed above He used through the Bible, for His service. Do you think if He could do what He did with each of them, there is something in you that is too big for God to do what He do with and thru you. So the next time you hear someone knockin at the door, open it, the next time the phone rings pick it up, cause God is callin you, yes you!"For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do."- Ephesians 2:10
Peace and Increase
AJ ROK da professional hip-hop junkie
Spiritual Minded Radio Show

check out SPIRITUAL MINDED da daily devotion for the hip-hop generation
- available on Amazon.com

2 Comments:

Blogger newlifemusic said...

Thank you AJ for this encouraging word! As we go hard for Christ,
God had pre-arranged a spritual
bath using the Word of God through
the holy scriptures as the Living water! I bathe my spirit with His Word daily and continue to grow in the Lord. I'm glad Christ is calling us all...now I hope we all will choose and call on Christ, daily!

Grace & Peace,
DJ G
New Life Music Netowork
http://newlifemusicnetwork.ning.com

August 25, 2009 11:04 AM  
Blogger noblevevessel said...

Thanks for sharing. Peace

August 25, 2009 4:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home