Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Praise Report: smoke free for 103 days and counting...

Good afternoon saints,

This is more of a personal Praise Report than a daily devolution

On Jan 5, 2006 at approximately 2:30 am, I prayed for God to deliver me from the addiction of nicotine. I went into the bathroom at work, broke up and threw away nearly a whole pack of Newports and have never turned back.

According to a site called Quit Keepers that helps you keep your stats:
I have been quit for 3 Months, 1 Week, 6 Days, 14 hours, 1 minute and 22 seconds (103 days). I have saved $543.81 by not smoking 3,107 cigarettes. I have saved 1 Week, 3 Days, 18 hours and 55 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 1/5/2006 2:30 AM

I see all these commercials for the patch, nicotine gum and all sort of other things they try to sell you to help you stop smoking. If you do the math you will spend more on these items than you ever did of cigarettes, so the companies that make the cigarettes who probably invented some of these items are still making money off of you.

This isn't the first time I quit, but unlike the other times, this time I decided as the songwriter said: The battle is not yours the battle is the Lord's, I decided to put it in the Lord's hands.

I don't know how accurate the stats are but I still couldn't help but to realize how blessed I am. Like another songwriter said, I said I wasn't gonna tell nobody, but I can't keep it to myself, how the Lord's been good to me.

Father God, thank you for delivering me from the addiction of nicotine and for letting me see another day smoke free. Please continue to use me to be a blessing to others.
In the name of your Son, Jesus Christ
Amen
Amen
Amen

17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

God bless you for the 103 days of showing the devil you are MORE than a conqueror, through Him that loves you! When I thought about the 103 days, my mind went quickly to Psalms 103, read that when you feel the need for extra courage. God has benefits and one of them is His ability “to keep us from falling,” falling into whatever tricks/traps the devils attempts to use to destroy us.

I am really blessed by your praise report.

God still performs miracles, the more we testify about the miracles, the more He will manifest them.

Love, Zelda

April 18, 2006 8:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are free from nicotine brothers in arms!
God is so amazing! He just keeps hooking me up with the most amazing folks! Welcome to my family!

I have been quit for 4 Months, 6 Days, 21 hours, 3 minutes and 6 seconds (127 days). I have saved $1,028.13 by not smoking 6,393 cigarettes. I have saved 3 Weeks, 1 Day, 4 hours and 45 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 12/11/2005 6:14 PM all by the amazing grace and love of God and my own determination!
Free at last free at last. Thank God almighty I am free at last! MLK Jr


Shannon Kuykendall
The Flutterby Company
Woodstock, GA 30188

April 18, 2006 8:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AJ,

what a blessing. God definitely moves stumbling blocks until we are whole - mind, body and spirit. Keep on moving as the Most High God continues to guide you & your family.

Love,
Tachelle
Femmixx.com/Founder

April 18, 2006 9:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go head AJ Go head! That is great man! I'm proud of you dawg!

God Bless

Kevin B

April 19, 2006 2:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that's a testimony! Praise God.

RJ

April 19, 2006 2:23 PM  
Blogger AJ WOODSON said...

Praise God indeed

So true Zelda, so true, Im goin to read Psalm 103 right now, thanx cuz...
thanx for introducing me to that site Shannon, God is so amazing and he also has been placing his soldiers in Christ around me, also congrats to you as well, Free at last...

ppreciate ya Kev...

Praise God indeed, thanx cuz

keep the feedback and comments coming everyone,

April 19, 2006 2:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! May God continue to strengthen you and uplift your health to a higher level.

Clara

April 19, 2006 3:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cuz,

I'm very proud of you! Continue to the course and let God direct your
path.....

Love ya'
Dave

April 19, 2006 9:38 PM  
Blogger AJ WOODSON said...

thank u very much Clara
please continue to keep me in your prayers...

and Dave, thanx for the feedback and constant words of encouragement and inspiration. May God continue to order your steps and guide your path in His word as well cuz,
Love u

April 19, 2006 9:44 PM  
Blogger AJ WOODSON said...

I have been quit for 3 Months, 2 Weeks, 19 hours, 18 minutes and 39 seconds (104 days). I have saved $550.22 by not smoking 3,144 cigarettes. I have saved 1 Week, 3 Days and 22 hours of my life. My Quit Date: 1/5/2006 2:30 AM

and counting.....

April 19, 2006 9:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You said the right thing...all other times you say you quit but this time you left it in GOD's hands. And from that, you are 103 and counting....
Now that is a testimony!

April 19, 2006 10:19 PM  
Blogger AJ WOODSON said...

Tachelle
sweety thanx 4 da feedback
that means some much comin from you my sistah
everyone check out here site femmixx.com

Des
as always
thanx for your support
105 days and counting now

April 20, 2006 12:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AJ,

Congrats, man. You're doing a great thing for your family and yourself.

With God's help, I gave up a 3-pack-a-day habit in 1993 and have
rejoiced over it every day since.

Larry

April 21, 2006 12:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome Testimony.
God is good and trust me He will sustain you. He delivered me from my Pepsi addiction.
Love you
Aunt Carol

April 25, 2006 6:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you cous.......God is Good All The Time!

Toni

April 25, 2006 6:15 AM  
Blogger AJ WOODSON said...

Yes He is
God is good!!!

thank u Aunt Carol and cousin Toni
continue to pray for me

April 25, 2006 6:17 AM  
Blogger AJ WOODSON said...

I have been quit for 3 Months, 4 Weeks, 2 Days, 51 minutes and 50 seconds (119 days). I have saved $624.93 by not smoking 3,571 cigarettes. I have saved 1 Week, 5 Days, 9 hours and 35 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 1/5/2006 2:30 AM

May 04, 2006 3:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home