Thursday, July 31, 2008

STANDING ON FAITH

Now this is far from the first and I’m sure won’t be the last devotion/ testimony that I jot down dealing with Faith. I have share I was Steppin Out On Faith, but today God has lead me to share with someone out there that I am Standing On Faith.

Anyone who knows me, knows I have always been the type of cat that doesn’t really like to put his business out there, much less write about it for the world to see. A lot of people tell you, you need to have faith, when they themselves aren’t goin thru a storm or dealing with any particular trials and tribulations themselves at that very moment.

This morning I am lead to share my testimony about Standing On Faith while I am in the midst of it all. I won’t get into all the details of everything that is goin on in my life, but let’s just say the journey has been long. And I am in that place where all the bills are due, money due to me for services I have performed has not come in.

Two new clients I was suppose to do promotions for said all the right things in the meetings, accepted my terms right, and said they were onboard right up to the time when it came to cut the check. Even a rebate check I was suppose to receive on July 14th from my cell phone manufacturer, I am now being told is still being processed. With everything else not comin through, that was goin to be applied to my current cell bill. So long story short my cell has been off the last few days.

My PDA is like a portable laptop for me, so I use it for every aspect of everything I do. I can’t follow up with those who do owe me money too find out when they are coming thru with their payments without it. Its hard to set up and be reachable tp potential clients who are interested in my services. Emails are good but not the same as speaking directly to a person.

Like I said every bill I have it due, (one or two or over due if I can be totally honest with you) and I do mean every bill. My daughter is about to starting her second year of college in less than a week and I don’t have to tell most of you financially what that means. I havent even begin to think where that money is comin from yet. And I just found out my book may be delayed atleast a week or two and I am moving over the weekend. It could be considered what they call a very dark day/ week if I was to look at it that way like I usually do.

This is a time when I in the past would lose it, panic, complain and lose site of the blessings I do have. This is the times where I usually do something, get in Gods way of what He is trying to do and eventually block my blessing. But instead I have choose to be thankful for what I do have and use the quiet time to reflect a little, read my bible and pray more and oh have I been praying, wearing out a few sets of knee pads. Today I choose to do what God really wants me to do, use my gift of writing to inspire others.

So this morning before God I tell all of you, today I am standing on faith. Standing on His promise, Standing on the Rock, the rock of my salvation. I am thankful that I have a roof over my head another day, that God has blessed me to see another day, thankful I am in a reasonable portion of my right mind, body and health.

Instead of complaining I choose to Praise His name right here right now and stand on faith. I know I am at the part of the story where just before the major breakthrough, the person was about to lose everything or lost everything one by one. I can finally see the actually light at the end of the tunnel this time. Previously I thought I saw it by it was the lights of an oncoming train, so have to run back out the way you came, let the train past and then start back thru the tunnel, this time I actually see the daylight. I am hear to tell you it is darkest just before the dawn.

I know that God has not brought me this far to leave me now. And by the response and emails I have received from the last devotions from people saying they needed that today, and thanking me for sharing my testimony, that this is truly what I am suppose to be doin. So I stand on faith today and be obedient to what He is leading me to do.

I don’t know what you may be goin thru, I don’t know what you may be facing and what you have to deal with. But I was lead today to share with someone, from a personal perspective, of someone going thru what is considered a major storm in my personal life, don’t give up. I only shared a portion of what I was facing, but believe me its gets harder and harder each day to stand strong.

But I am here to tell you this too will past. Instead of complaining to a friend or family member who can’t really help you, talk to your Father, who art in Heaven. Pray, Praise His Name, Give Thanx and Stand on Faith.

Have a bless day!
©2008 AJ (AJ ROK) WOODSON
PROFESSIONAL HIP-HOP JUNKIE!!!

Look out for my upcomin book
SPIRITUAL MINDED:
da spiritual daily devotional for the hip-hop generation

SPIRITUAL MINDED da daily devotion for the hip-hop generation by AJ Woodson

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was reading this blog and I am just reminded to tell you not only to stand on Faith and the promises of God. But you must tap into the realm of Abraham Faith. Your faith must be above your feelings. Our spiritual walk with Christ is one of strength, power, patience, and endurance. Knowing that God is your everything above all things. I pray that even in the midst of everything taking place that you are strengthened in your weakness. I know that he is a deliverer for those that diligently seek him. God Bless You

August 01, 2008 7:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AMEN. This is powerful and it took a lot of courage to write!

August 04, 2008 11:52 AM  
Blogger Sistah Kenya said...

Wow! this is truly a testimony of faith. You are a great encourager not just with wirds but also by your actions. thank you so mcuh for always encouraging me. may God forever smile on you. This is just what I needed.

October 02, 2008 12:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home