Tuesday, November 20, 2007

My new Gospel Radio Show

Greetings
First let me say, thank you all who come through this blog and say welcome to those who are reading it for the first time. And thank you to those who email and call me or leave a little something in the comment section to let me know what you think and to continue to uplift me and encourage me.
I pray this finds all of you in great health and spirit.

I wanted to take a minute before I start my day to give thanx to God for all He is doin' in my life. Thank you for the trial and tribulations and the lessons and blessings that follow. I wanted to share with all of you one of the many things He is doing.

God has blessed me with the opportunity to be involved and help develop a brand new 24 hour Gospel Internet Radio Station. And on that station allowed me to have a show or two and further help reach uplift and encourage His people through it. There is even a possibility of creating an opportunity for my church to be broadcasted weekly on there.

The station is www.TheBestJams.com/gospel

The station The Best Jams- www.thebestjams.com was started a little more than 4 years ago by Brother John. It is a 24-hour Hip Hop and R&B internet radio station, which is how I first got involved.

I will be doin’ a hip-hop radio show as well. But in our initial conversation when we were introduced by my longtime partner and friend, (someone who has been very instrumental in keeping this old school hip-hop head relevant today,) DJ Reality, Brother John informed me on his plans to also expand and have a 24-hour Gospel station as well. I immediately knew this was where I needed to be. That was 2 weeks ago, well late last Saturday night, Brother John got the inspiration to I guess step up his plans for the gospel station because of our conversations and He stayed up all night and put his vision into action.

I helped where I could, providing music and such, mostly encouragement while he did all the work. The result is a new 24-hour Gospel station. DJ Realty gave me some editing software and brief this-is-how-this works and this-is-how-that-works tutorial and then said go have fun and play with it.

I did just that, all the way to just before it was time to go to 8am service Sunday to hear my cousin Robin Joseph preach a powerful sermon. I came home and totally put together, from beginning to end a 2-hour sample show if you will, which will be called AJ's Gospel Vibes and long story short it aired last night from 5-7pm EST and got a decent response. Thank you all who listened, told others about it and let me know what you thought.

I share all these details with you to show how good God is and how He is moving in my life. He is giving me an opportunity to use my passion and all the talents and gifts He has blessed me with to do His work. I am very excited and wanted to take this opportunity to share with all of you, who have supported me and continue to uplift me. And once again say Thank You Lord!

Please continue to pray for me and the station. There is a lot of work to do, but I know all things are possible through God. I will get into more about the station and it's content in more detail real soon. But the bottom-line is I will be doing a show called AJ's Gospel Vibes, where you will have a variety of inspirational music, talk and interviews (will give you times and days as I have them). And on Wednesdays between Noon and 2pm I will be doin’ a show called The Spiritual Vitamin, where you may hear a short sermon, (the first will be one my cousin Robin preached titled 'I'd Rather Fight Than Quit') you don’t wanna miss that, in addition to me reading a daily devotional written by me or one that has inspired me, you will hear music and may hear an interview from time to time with a gospel artist. Prayerfully it will be something that will help folks get thru the rest of the week ‘til the next Sunday and will praise God!

The shows will be archived and available for podcasting. This blog will also now be seen on the stations web site and reach more people as well, thanx to Brother John. God is awesome!

There is much more but I will save that for later.
Please pray for me, for the strength and wisdom to do all God is calling me to do. I will need your prayers even more now as He makes this transformation in my life and the enemy attempt to beat up on me more. The closer I get the more the enemy attempts to do everything he can to move me out of position and take my eyes off Jesus. But this is my way of giving Praise, my way of saying Thank You Lord and shutting the enemy down.

Thank you for stopping by, have a blessed day!!!
Ya friend and brother
AJ Woodson

Check out the station www.thebestjams.com/gospel
http://s5.viastreaming.net/7130/listen.asx windows media
http://s5.viastreaming.net:7130/listen.pls itunes winamp

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home