Tuesday, November 06, 2007

LOVE

How beautiful love can be
On the streets love is hard to see
It's a place I got to be
Loving you is loving me
How beautiful love can be
On the streets love is hard to see
Gotta reach that frequency
Loving you is loving me
Common- Love Is…

In a world where everyone feels they have to be so hard and where a real man can’t show any emotions for fear of being considered soft or worst, I chose to express my love. I wrote awhile back my I almost lost my dad twice in a 5 year period. Most of my life since his dad never verbally expressed his love for my dad; my dad didn’t exactly know how to do that for me. After the car accident that almost claimed my dad’s life, we have made a commitment to tell each other we love the other at the end of every phone conversation.

Love, So many people use your name in vain
Love, Those have faith in you sometimes go astray
Love, Through all the ups and downs the joy and hurt
Love, For better or worse I still will choose you first
Love- Music Soulchild

We need to get back to a time to tell those close to us how we feel. Your parents, your siblings, your spouse, a relative, a close personal friend and especially our children. Men there is nothing soft or gay about express your love for your brother. This is something we take for granted that the other person knows, but when you never expressed it verbally and then that person is gone you don’t want to have that I wish I would have told them… conversation.

Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. Love does not demand its own way. Love is nor irritable, and it keeps no record of when it has been wronged. It is never glad about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.
- I Corinthians 13: 4-7

Far too often we confuse love with lust. Unlike lust, God’s kind of love is directed outward toward others, not inward toward ourself. It’s utterly unselfish. This kind of love goes against the natural inclinationations. It is possible to practice this kind of love only if God helps us to set aside our own desires and instincts, so that we can give love while expecting none in return. Thus the more we become like Christ, the more love we will show others.

I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.
- Martin Luther King, Jr.
So does this mean that if you dislike someone you aren’t a Christian? There will always be people we will not like as well as others. But John’s words in I John 2: 7-8 focus on the attitude that causes us to ignore or despise others. Christian love is not a feeling, but a choice. We can choose to be concerned with people’s well being and treat them with respect, whether or not we feel affection toward them. If we choose to love others, God will help us express our love.

Thought of the day:
Love is not only a commandment but a choice. Call a loved one, you mom, dad, child, a best friend, relative, spouse, whoever it is for you and tell them you love them, today.

To all my friends and family and all of you reading this, remember Jesus Loves you and so do I!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home