Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Dreams and Visions

“Be confident of this. He who began a good work in you will continue to perform it until it’s perfectly complete” (Philippians 1:6)

Do you have dreams that just haven’t fully manifested themselves yet? Is there something you can see yourself doing but are not sure you have what it takes? Do you wonder what your purpose is or is there a something God is calling you to do, that you are unsure of?
For me, the gift God has given me with the gift of encouraging, uplifting and inspiring others thru writing. Its more than just a gift but a calling. God has been calling me to do this for years but I have been running from it. As soon as I started God has given me the vision of inspirational books, movies and screenplays mixing my love for hip-hop and biblical elements and scripture to reach our youth who are not in church. I hesitated saying I don’t know any publishers or literary agents, so I passed it off as just a dream. Well know your dreams are vision from God. If he has given you the vision He will give you the provision.

“As a man thinks in his heart, so is he” (Proverbs 23:7)

Your imagination is extremely powerful. God created you as a visual being. Choosing the right images in your mind's eye is important because your life will move in the direction of your thoughts. The way you see yourself in your mind's eye, over time, will drop down into your heart and become your reality. If you can see it you can achieve it.
What is it that you are dreaming of? Is God calling you to do something but you are uncertain of it or if you have what it takes to do it? Know this: God is a God of completion.
He wants to finish what He’s started in your life. No matter how long you’ve been praying, don’t let the enemy tempt you into thinking that it’s never going to happen. Be encouraged today because God is called the Author and the Finisher of your faith.

Father God, I come to You today and submit every area of my mind and heart to You. Search my heart and show me what images I need to change in my mind. Thank You for equipping me with everything I need to live a life pleasing to You. Thank you Father God for blessing me with vision, and the provision to make it happen.
In Jesus’ Name.
Amen.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home