Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Makin' The Pieces Fit!!!!

“Let us search and try our ways, and turn again to the Lord.”
Lamentations 3:40



I have always been a pretty independent person; I was always someone who thought he had all the answers. No matter what I always managed to find away out of the situation. No matter how shattered things were in my life I always took pride that I always seem to find a way to make the pieces fit.
Then one day came the scariest realization than much to my surprise, I was never in control at all. Even when I didn’t put my faith in God, god was guiding my path and ordering my steps.
I have come to truly trust the Lord, but the flesh comes through more times than not. Even though I know what I should do, I have moments when I still have trouble not knowing what my next move is. I still have trouble depending on anyone even though I know god has blessed me and surrounded me with angels.
God blesses my family with a financial blessing, but not through me, but instead through my wife. The money still is a blessing but it wasn’t me that got us out of our situation. While I know it was a blessing from God, the human side- the Macho Manly side, gets slightly depressed, feeling a little like a failure, because in another situation it appears my wife bailed us out. Once again I’m in a situation where I am depending on someone else instead of being able to make it happen for my family
I was always able to make the pieces fit so I thought. But the more I put my faith in the Lord the more the pieces don’t fit. I have come to find out this is a test to see what I will do. Will I continue to believe or will I go back to my old ways and try to make the pieces fit myself. Then I beat myself up for not being thankful for the blessing, but depressed I can’t get us out of what trouble has come our way.
Another thing that gets me in trouble is a lack or patience. God have given my vision and dreams and I go all out trying hard to make them come into fruition. I try to get ahead of God and run with it myself. Then God gets my attention and tells me to slow down. “I have only given you a glimpse of the vision to keep you going.” But I don’t wait for Him to make a way to provide the provision that accompanies that vision.

“The vision is for an appointed time.
Though it tarry, wait earnestly for it, for it will surely come.”
Habakkuk 2:3


I know writing is one talent/ gift He has blessed me with to inspire, encourage and uplift others. To affect others in a positive way, with the gift or paint pictures with words. But even with this blog I don’t write daily, I get the subject matter to write about and don’t do it because I am worrying about how bills are going to get paid. Which results in trying to me, once again take matters into my own hands and getting in my own way. More importantly, getting in Gods way! Its not that I don’t have faith, it’s not that I don’t believe but I won’t let go and let God.
If I didn’t know better that would be one thing, but I do know better and I don’t do it which is worst.

Somewhere in the New Testament, Paul talks about what he knows he should do he doesn’t and what he shouldn’t do he does. So instead of beating myself up I am praying for God to forgive me and thanking Him for all He has done.

Lord in this quiet moment
I again surrender my will to you
Thank You for the dreams and desires You’ve placed in my heart. I choose to trust in You and wait for Your plan to bring them to pass. I know you are faithful, and I thank You for guiding and directing my every step. And please forgive me for the moments of weakness when I still resort to my old ways and get in my own way and block my blessing. Thank You for not giving up on me, my Heavenly Father and being there even when I am not worthy.
In the name of your son Jesus Christ, Lord and Master also known as The Savior
I pray and praise Your name
Amen
Amen
Amen


This concludes today’s rant!!!!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

AJ...

Your blog is outstanding!
You're so NOT by yourself, so NOT alone,
so NOT the only one who is in the situation that you're in or who feels like you feel or even who does what you're doing to NOT go back to doing what you used to do!
Faith IS the victory that OVERCOMES the world!
We don't really mind be rescued if and when we're in danger of drowning however, having a "champion-of-choice" is of course, more desirable...
It is humbling and ego-shaking to be placed in a position where we enable the ones who help us to survive to make us feel diminished, defeated, and our self-esteem, deflated...
However, Remember that there was a prophet in I Kings the 17th chapter...I think his name was...ummmmmm....Elijah...yeah..that's it!...Well, it seems that this prophet needed to be "rescued"
...He was one of those people who had potential "plus"...
BUT...
He was homeless, penniless, and provision-less...Yep!
A guy who was so gifted and talented...who had such an amazing, awesome anointing...
A man of God who was on divine assignment...
Can you imagine? This brother who was God's chosen vessel...
This brother didn't even have a friend, wife, parent, child,
or even an "enemy" to lend him something, to bring him a "care" package, to charge something for him, give him food stamps, make payment arrangements, co-sign, or bail him out...
and we thought we had problems!(lol)
I'm sure he would have loved to have been able to stretch his arms up towards the heavens, call confidently upon the Lord His God and have manna and quails fall or biscuits and chicken, so he could pick them up without help from anyone else and sustain himself...
You know..."self" sufficiency...
that is what this is all about...right??????????....Well, back to the story...okay!....The Lord, Jehovah, sees His servant in need of help and just like the Lord does - He sends help to his servant...It wasn't the local Pastor...the best friend...the spouse...or the cousin... Nope!...Ravens...black birds...were sent to feed Elijah...Not one but, Two times a day...morning and evening...bread AND meat was delivered to Elijah who was given a seat with a scenic view, by the brook Cerith... Yeah, no Aqua-Fina-bottled-tap-water here...No Elijah was in a place where he could get a cool, crystal clear, refreshing cup of water to wash it all down (and,with free, unlimited refills)!...
So, maybe that story was included in the Bible to remind us that we must always remember that the Lord uses whomever HE pleases...
like HE pleases...
when HE pleases...
wherever HE pleases...
How HE pleases...
to do whatever HE pleases!
As my uncle, the late Rev. Lee Larkins was noted for saying,
"GOD KNOWS WHAT HE'S DOING!"

"THE VISION IS YET FOR AN APPOINTED TIME...WAIT ON IT...(THE BEST PART?)...IT SHALL NOT LIE!"

AJ,

We will continue to pray for the Lord to give us not only the patience and strength to wait on Him, but also, to add the grace and wisdom to help us behave properly while He works-all-things-together-for-the-good-of-those-of-us-who-love-Him-AND-are-THE-CALLED-according-to-HIS-purpose!

Be blessed my friend,
be blessed,
and encouraged as
you wait upon the Lord
for renewed strength!

Always,

Roz

August 01, 2007 12:29 AM  
Blogger AJ WOODSON said...

Roz,
As always I thank u very much,
this is the type of feedback that keeps me going,
that shows me not to give up,
that keeps me writing.
I used to say if I write it and no one reads it, then its doing no good.
But I am slowly getting to the point where if God wants me to write and He has something he wants to say thru me then He will guide the person who needs to read it to my blog when they are online.
So I need to do my part and leave the who sees it up to God.
He does not need my help
and He knows what He is doing.
But my friend this is the kind of feedback that keeps me going and
gives me all the inspiration to continue on.
Thank you again for being the instrument God used today to say what I needed to hear.
Be blessed my friend
Be blessed!
May God continue to bless you
and as you do His work and spread His word!!!!
-AJW

August 01, 2007 12:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that all is well with you and most of all, that I had
the opportunity to imbibe, enjoy, and send an email response to your
7-31-07 blog...
you're so incredibly talented and anointed...I'm proud of you... YES...I'm proud of you!!!!

Always,

Roz

August 01, 2007 12:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awesome cous!

Toni

August 03, 2007 2:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home