Friday, April 20, 2007

PREACHING TO MYSELF

My uncle Dr. Eugene Woodson, an ordained minister said to his brother, my father once, when he was delivering a recent sermon he was preaching to himself. I didn’t understand that comment then and found it particular odd being he belonged to a decent church and the pews were usually full when he preached.
Sometime later my former Pastor, Rev Michael Rouse spoke on how it was difficult to deliver a sermon one Sunday, because God was talking to him as well as the congregation.
Early this week, in a conversation with my spiritual younger sister Tai, she said she was praying for strength to do all she had to do. I told her not to pray for the strength to do what she wanted to do, but instead to pray for God to reveal what His plan and what it was He wanted her to do.
We often want God to make it easier to do what it is we want to do, when sometimes that’s not in His plan for us.
After hanging up the phone almost immediately I could hear God saying, “Did you pay attention to the words that just came out of your mouth?”
I was like ouch and thought back to the conversation again with my uncle and dad.
I looked at writing this blog, as God using me to get His message to others through me & writing/ sharing my testimonies. Which I still believe the case to be but what I missed is He was using me sometimes to preached to myself as much and sometimes more than others.
My question or thought of the day is when someone comes to you for advise or even when you dispense advise to others tat are troubled even when your are not asked,
Do You Listen To The Words That Are Coming Out Of Your Mouth? Does God having you preaching to yourself? And are you listening? In a soft still voice sometimes God uses you to preach to yourself!

Have a blessed day!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great food for thought!!!
Earl
P.S. Suggest you always run a spell checker before hitting the "send" button.

April 24, 2007 1:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home