Sunday, July 30, 2006

Keeping my eyes on Jesus

So Peter went over the side of the boat and walked on water toward Jesus. But when he looked around at the high waves, he was terrified and began to sink.
“Save Me Jesus!” he shouted.
Instantly Jesus reached out his hand and grabbed him. “You don’t have much faith,” Jesus said. ‘Why did you doubt me?”
- Matthew 14: 29-31 (NLT)


If you have been reading my last few entries you know the enemy has been attacking me from all front. I stated in my last devotion 2 weeks ago I was going to praise and pray my way thru. I have been, and even though I had my still standing moment with the Devil, he still finds new and innovative ways to come at you.

Even though I truly believe I am near the end of my storm and the blessing is just a praise away, there is still that occasional flesh is weak moment. And even though I know the Lord is by my side, I find myself even if it’s just for a moment taking my eyes of Christ and sinking fast. Then like Peter yelling ‘Save Me Jesus!”

It bothered me that even though the Lord let me know he is with me I questioned him and ask him for proof like Peter, “Lord If that’s really you, tell me to come to you by walking on water.”
“God I know my time is not your time but Lord give me a sign.”

Do you find yourself questioning God and asking for proof that he is with you. Do you take your eyes off of Jesus and began to sink and cry out, Jesus Save Me! Are you like Peter?

Father God help us to keep our eyes on you. But if we should happen to take them off of you momentarily and began to sink like Peter, please reach out your hand and grab us Lord. Guide our path and order our steps in your word Father. And Father God remove what’s blocking other from seeing you, you know who they are even though we may not.
In the name of your son
Jesus the Christ
Amen
Amen
Amen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home