Thursday, July 06, 2006

praise report: still smoke free

Over the weekend, we went to a few peoples house for cookouts, and on the fourth we were invited over by a friend. His neighbor invited us to play spades. Anyone who knows me knows I love spades. Anyway everyone at the neighbors house smoked cigarettes. This is the first time I had been around that kind of smokin and drinkin since I quit. Before Jan 5th i would have been lighting up with them.
But I am pleased to report that no matter how tempting it was I remembered I asked God to deliever me from the addiction, and I resisted the urge. I went outside several time sto get some fresh air until i couldnt take it anymore and left for good.
long story short is I have been quit for 6 Months, 1 Day, 8 hours, 58 minutes and 34 seconds (182 days). I have saved $957.45 by not smoking 5,471 cigarettes. I have saved 2 Weeks, 4 Days, 23 hours and 55 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 1/5/2006 2:30 AM
and I thought I would share that with you.
My former Pastor in New York, Rev Rouse used to say how can you tell you are growing spiritually? When you go to the place you use to go and are around the things you used to do and feel uncomfortable. Well this was one of the first times I really felt that way, which I take as a sign I have grown a little more spiritually.
Thank You for letting me share that with you today and continue to pray for your brother.

As always I pray all who read this have a blessed and spiritually rewarding day.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's dope Aj - what a blessing!
God is truly blessing you. I new you could do it with God's help!


Much Love,
Tachelle

July 06, 2006 3:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AMEN...... That is great cousin. I am so proud of
you. May God continue to strengthen and encourage
you. Through all things, Christ has strengthened you.

Praise God
Cousin Rhonda

July 06, 2006 3:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

GOD Bless YOU A.J.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are an inspiration for us all!!!!! We are BLESSED, because you are a part of the Shaw Temple Family.A healthier A.J is even better!!!!!!!!

Webster L.

July 06, 2006 3:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praise God and that's great!!!!


Justin

July 06, 2006 3:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aman!!!!!

JS

July 06, 2006 3:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To God be the glory. I thank God for what he is doing in your life. Continue to press on

Be Blessed

Robin

July 06, 2006 3:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you!

I have been quit for 6 Months, 3 Weeks, 4 Days, 20 hours, 6 minutes and 25 seconds (206 days). I have saved $1,662.97 by not smoking 10,341 cigarettes. I have saved 1 Month, 4 Days, 21 hours and 45 minutes of my life. My Quit Date: 12/11/2005 6:14 PM

Shannon Kuykendall

July 06, 2006 3:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AMEN! To God be the glory! I look forward to the next report, when all of this is doubled (6 months from now). You will continue to be a LIVING testimony of what God can do. Continue to be blessed.

Zelda

July 06, 2006 3:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I encourage you to continue the challenge. Remember it’s only a test. The results are long lasting.

Jerrell Swinney

July 07, 2006 12:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AJ,
Continue to conquer cigarettes one day at a time. The money savings alone should be a great motivator. As one who has been there, I know what you're going through. It can be done. I smoked for 12 years & I have been "free" from the nicotine devil for 31 years. Hang in there!!

IKE

July 07, 2006 11:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praise God!!!
Keep up the good work and faith.

Kyren P

July 08, 2006 6:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To God Be The Glory!
I am so happy for your faithfulness (smile).
God bless you.
Love Aunt Carol

July 10, 2006 2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home