Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Praise report: today is my 2 year wedding anniversary

2 years ago today, God joined my wife RaJendra Hunter and I together in holy matrimony.
Both of us being strong independent individuals, we bumped heads like 2 rams quite frequently. Several times I know when I woke up and thanked God for all my blessings, I said Father God I know you united the two of us but today for the life of me I can't imagine why.

There were several times we drove each other crazy and were ready to throw in the towel. And for the record don't get me wrong, things are not perfect now and finances aren't the greatest but we both have agreed that we were going to put God first.

We were not goin to make any moves without taking it to God first. Once we made this move things began to get better between us. Then the couple ministry at our church was having our monthly gathering. We were invited to lead the discussion. We were going through a tough time and we declined to do it. After that we agreed to put that first. We called the head of the couple ministry and excepted their invitation.

During that event, God ministered to us through several other couples who had been married from 1 and a half years to 50 years. The experience was eye opening and educational as well as spiritually rewarding. The thing that amazed me the most was that many of the couples were blessed by our testimonies and the discussion of the current trials and tribulations.

The moral of this lengthy rant is once we took ourselves out of the equations and put god first, it was the beginning of the healing process. Now while we are still going through the everyday struggles we are of the mindframe that we can get through anything with God's help.

Father God
thank you for letting us make it 2 years of marriage
thank you for the trial and tribulations and the lessons and blessing that follow
please continue to bless us so we may be a blessing to others
In the name of your son
AMEN
AMEN
AMEN

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Babe,
Thank you for sharing our story and prayerfully it will be a blessing to newly married couples...
Marriage is not just an adventure it is a JOURNEY!!! God Bless you Babe and again... 48+ more to go...
Again...
Thank you! Smooches
RaJendra

April 29, 2006 9:14 AM  
Blogger AJ WOODSON said...

thank u sweetheart
my wife everybody

and let me take a minute to do a shameless plug
click on her name and go to her Mary kay site and check it out, order something and foward it to your people
if you cant pull it up from the link go to http://www.marykay.com/waxandskincare

love you sweetheart
and like 6 Flags amusement park in New Jersey
it has been a 'Great Adventure'

April 29, 2006 9:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was reading your praise report for the Lord keeping you guys together for two years.
God is a promise and covenant keeper, his wonders to perform. Only God takes the sanctity of marriage serious, society is always ready to have you just throw in the towel.
I am so glad that God’s will takes precedence over the enemies’ plans for our lives.

I am so proud of you guys, stay in the strong Church that you’re in and continue to put God first you absolutely can’t go wrong like that.

Cuz Janice

May 24, 2006 6:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home