Monday, April 02, 2007

Hearing The Sermon Again!

As I started to write this entry in my blog, I realized I had written a very similar entry once or twice before. My family and I are going through I particularly hard time, right now. Maybe the hardest we have ever faced and it cause me to almost question my faith. My theme is no matter what God has in store for us, we will pray our way through and continue to praise His name. The problem with writing these very words was I was just about to be tested even more to see if I can walk it like I talk it!

I was reminded a story I read in my devotional “Our Daily Bread” where a man preached an impressive sermon seeking to be the pastor of a new church. Everyone loved it and voted for him to become their new pastor. They were a bit surprised when he preached the same sermon his first Sunday as their new pastor. They were even more surprised when he preached the same sermon his second and third week. So much so the leaders of the church met with the new pastor and questioned him. The pastor assured, “I know what I’m doing. When you start living out this sermon, I’ll go on to the next one.”

I revisit this theme again because, once again I found myself just short of giving up, feeling spiritually and emotional burned out. But the entry in Our Daily Bread reminded me sometimes God has to put us through the same test over and over until we finally past the test. He needs to preach the same sermon to us until we start ‘living out the sermon.’

This time the difference is my wife and I have pulled together and we are working together and not separately, which is no different then working against each other. Blocking the blessings God has for my family.

A young lady who calls me her spiritual big brother told me this morning, after hearing what our current situation was, that she was so excited for me. I was a little confused and asked her to explain and she said she was so excited because she knew that God is about to shower my family with blessings and elevate us to another level, because of my faith. God was using her to tell me what he had used me to preach to her when she was down, and went on to tell me the very words I told her when she was down.

To make a long story short my advice for all that read this today is this: A SERMON ISN’T COMPLETE UNTIL ITS PUT INTO PRACTICE! So I share this recurring theme with you once more, because like some of you out there, I needed to hear the sermon again!

Please share your feedback and just drop me a line in the comment section

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a powerful and annoitned message.

God Bless,

Robin

April 03, 2007 9:00 AM  
Blogger AJ WOODSON said...

thanx cuz

April 03, 2007 9:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In the Name of Jesus!
Prayerfully this continuous cycle will break REAL SOON! Amen...
-Your Wife!!!

April 03, 2007 9:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AJ...

This too will end and the light that both shines from you and your wife will be seen by the world.

Stay strong, have faith and keep the love that brought you together, safe within the arms of each other.

He that looks down from above, will not let you struggle anymore for He is the coming and the going of everlasting peace and love.

Stay Blessed in the faith.

Reality

April 03, 2007 7:03 PM  
Blogger AJ WOODSON said...

yes baby
as long as we keep God first
we will be just fine
thanx for havin a brothers back
-AJW

April 03, 2007 7:07 PM  
Blogger AJ WOODSON said...

thank u very much
Reality
I appreciate the inspirational words and I truly agree
holla at ya boy!!!!

everyone keep the feedback comin'

-AJW

April 03, 2007 7:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As I told you the other week, I think this time around you willcome through this and it will not happen again. there is a great job out there for you to use the gifts God gave you to support your family and continue to Praise him. Happy you 2 are working together that's part of what God was trying to tell you.

love Mom

April 03, 2007 8:59 PM  
Blogger AJ WOODSON said...

thanx mom
I truly beleive this as well

April 03, 2007 9:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi AJ
I visited and read some of your daily devotions.
The obstacles in your life will make both of you and your marriage stronger. I was happy Sunday when you said all your situation was not resolved, but the TWO of you were working TOGETHER. Oh how I pray for you, and will continue to do so until you see the rainbow.

Peace, love & smooches,
BBL

April 03, 2007 9:01 PM  
Blogger AJ WOODSON said...

thank u
its be an adventure
but I thank God everyday
for blessing me with a helpmate that truly has my back

April 03, 2007 9:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey AJ,

Powerful words.
Priscilla

April 05, 2007 1:59 PM  
Blogger AJ WOODSON said...

thanx Priscilla
I appreciate the feedback!!!

You did a great job last Sunday as well if I failed to mention it to you.

April 05, 2007 3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home