Thursday, April 05, 2007

Why Do Good People Struggle?

Shall we indeed accept good from God
and shall we not accept adversity
-Job 2:10

As I have been trying my best to turn my life around and live as righteous as possible it seems the closer I get the most adversity I see, and the more trials and tribulations I seem to go through. In talking to other brothers who are in the same position as myself, you find out we are all going through it. In a few conversation someone always ask, I don't know why we are all suffering. We are trying to live right, what are we doing wrong?

I think at sometime or another we have all struggled with the ago old question why do good people struggle. We all know that God promise, but we wonder why must His people struggle.
That reminds me of Job, he lived right but suffered the lost of everything for a period of time, even Jesus the most righteous of any man walking the face of the earth suffered more than we can humanly imagine for our sins and so we might have everlasting life. Paul was beaten and thrown in jail for spreading God's word and wrote half the New Testament in jail.

In times like this it is easy to blame or be mad at God for what we consider not being there for us. But this is the time we need to align ourselves more with the word of God and have more faith. God is not obligated to give us answers, but He promises us His grace. God didn't explain to Job what He was doing but said the He could be trusted to do right (Job 38-42)

These may not be the answers we want, but they are the answers we need to help us live with the age-old question of suffering.- Dennis De Haan


While I still find myself temporarily asking myself that question (The flesh is still sometimes weak) I am learning more each day to be thankful for the trials and tribulations and the lessons and blessings that follow!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

First let me say to you what I have been repeating for the last few days, KNOWING what you're going through: I am sooooo proud of you and excited for the miracle God is about to make in your life!

And you continue to head towards that change! Recognizing the importance of suffering in your life is part of the journey to greatness. Remember my favorite passage: "Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured our his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us." - Romans 5:4-5

I hope this Easter TRULY marks a new beginning in your life... On second thought, I have no doubt that it will!!! =)

April 05, 2007 6:09 PM  
Blogger AJ WOODSON said...

man you dont know how much I needed that, I thank God for blessing my life with good friends like yourself

April 05, 2007 11:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AJ
To God be the glory for he will show you the way.
Learn from your situation and keep the Faith.
Struggles make us stronger...and the enemy weaker.
BBL

April 05, 2007 11:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I understand what you are going through, i have been in those shoes that you are currently in. The "BIG GUY" upstairs is in total control of everything! Stay strong in your faith, and know for sure "HE" is always there!!!!! I am very proud of the man God is allowing you to be [not of the world(things that are seen), but of the spirit(you're faith & you're love for GOD)]I love cuz, keep your head up and stay encouraged!

DBM

April 07, 2007 11:24 AM  
Blogger AJ WOODSON said...

thanx Dave truly appreciate that.
We have both come a very long way and I an very proud of you as well.


keep the feedabck coming.

April 07, 2007 12:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Preach on my brotha,
food for thought. Love ya.

cousin Kim

April 20, 2007 6:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who are you carrying all these bricks for? Why do you all feel guilty and think that you deserve all the bad things that maybe happening in your life now? What about Job? Supposedly the fairy tale goes he was a good guy caught as a betting chip in a poker game between God and the Devil! They have fun by proving a point to one another by causing Job pain and suffering and then Job is blamed for asking questions and seeking answers??? Jesus suffered more than anyone to cleanse our sins in the face of his father?????
Can you understand how incredibly ridicules that is???
Are you guys mad???? What kind of religion and God are you worshipping????
I know most of you will never get it, but I had to say it anyway.

Vasko

P.S Two things are without limits - human stupidity and the universe...although I am not sure about the latter!!!

April 30, 2008 4:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope what i just wrote gets "approved" and published. Although I have doubts that you will let in an idea different to your own...and that just proves my point.

April 30, 2008 4:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home