Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Obedience!!!

I have been gone the past few weeks working on a project God has given me a vision for. I apologize for neglecting my blog. I needed the time to concentrate on my new project without distraction. And that’s exactly what I got. Thursday morning a truck came through my street and knocked down the line from my house to the poll across the street, and totally wiped out my Comcast phone and high speed.
In addition to that a magazine I took the position of Online content Editor is getting me a new cell phone so I let my Metro PCS cell that only works in Atlanta run out. So now I have no cell phone, no home phone and no internet access. Usually this would drive me crazy but I took the time to be as productive as possible. I cleaned the house and went through the Bible and biblical reference books to get ideas for this project, I also started watching the Word network all day Saturday and saw a lot of youth oriented inspirational programming which was very helpful as well. I had no alternative but spend as much time writing researching and praying, that was necessary which I have to admit I might not have done as much of had my phones and internet access been available.
You never realize how important these things are to you until they are removed from your life.
I believe this is my calling, expressing myself through my writing and sharing my testimony with the world. I have been running from it for awhile but the past week God has giving me confirmation through my cousin, a few recent sermons and an associate minister at my church who told me God wants me to stop fighting and be obedient to what He wants me to do.
I share without I am through running, and no I give into my calling.
I ask you, is there something God is calling you to do that you are not listening. He won’t let you rest until you are obedient. Our gifts and talents aren’t for us but for God’s will to be done. To reach His people and do His work!

Have a Blessed day!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

AJ,
Your blog is wonderful! I really love what you wrote and think the subject-matter is important...sometimes we think of obedience as something that is a result of responding to a "directive..however, from reading your expressions, I can see that obedience is also being aware of our gifts, talents...knowing that we are "the" called..that our "calling" is according to HIS purpose...then being submissive to His will (which means being ready, willing, open, and in total agreement)...to be sensitive to His voice which means hearing Him speak, listening attentively, and retaining what is being said or shown or even assigned...to be in sync with Him - which means "when-He-moves-we move-just-like-that!"...It means being confident in knowing that we can and will succeed because there is nothing impossible for Him and then too, because we "trust" Him and therefore, are enabled and empowered to "walk" (run, stand still, fight the good fight) by faith and NOT by sight!" ...Hope this makes sense (smile)...Keep up the wonderful work, AJ...and I like the part about your communications systems being severed...I can laugh too because my cell phone fell (during a torrential rainstorm) into a puddle of water that was beneath my car...I probably told you, but, "yes" the phone died...It was days before I was able to get a temporary phone...like you, I was able to focus on more powerful, positive things!...Still quoting my uncle, the late Rev. Larkins, "God KNOWS what He's doing!!!!!!!"...Have a good night and I'll talk with you again...maybe tomorrow(smile)...be blessed, be rested, be at peace, be encouraged, be strengthened, be obedient, be holy for He is holy, be loving (as the Bible says), be anointed!
-Roz

August 14, 2007 4:02 AM  
Blogger AJ WOODSON said...

Thank u very much
Roz
for your feedback, comments, inspirational and encouraging words!
you dont know how much it helps
and keeps me going
I pray you to stay obedient to His word and continue to do His will

love the when he moves we move just like that
gonna have to steal that for that project Im working on
smile
-AJW

August 14, 2007 4:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home