Saturday, September 01, 2007

Landscaping

I am doin a massive landscaping job for a coworker of my wife. I planted several plants, some of them flourished from the beginning and some seem to die or showed very little signs of life. I was discouraged at first because I gave the same care to all the plants. They all got the miracle grown soil, the root stimulator and the other stuff required to give each plant the best chance to grow. Because of the heat I watered each plant thoroughly a few time a day, especially the plants and shrubs planted that day So this past Friday morning, I started looking at them and decided to individually examine each plant, pull off any dead leaves and any parts that were growing.
While doin this to each plant individually, I thought about what God must face as he nurtures each and everyone of us. We all are born the same but some of us flourish in life and our Christian walk quicker than others. You ever see your brothers, sisters, cousins, classmates or co workers, having more success than you. You even see even those younger than you having more success and wonder why we are struggling so much more.
I am reminded of a story of two plants. A landscaper planted two plants one day and the first one started to grow and flourish right away and the second showed no sign of life. Day after day the landscaper tended to both plants evenly, so much so others started to question why he hadn’t just given up on the second plant since it was showing no signs of life. But the man tended to both plants the same. Year two the first plant came right back up and flourished while the second plant again showed no signs of life. Again he tended to both plants the same. Again everyone questioned why was he still wasting his time on the second plant, it was visibly dead, he do better just planting another one, but the man never gave up. Year three the first plant as usual cam back up just it had the previous 2 years with very little help, but the second plant shot up out the ground. It eventually outgrew and outlived the first plant and grew to about 10 feet tall into a strong tree. Everyone was surprised and asked the man how did he know it would grow, He explained since the second plant would be much bigger, it had to take longer for it roots to grow deeper so it could sustain it height.
I realized after watching many of my peers and people I put on go much further and past me in their careers while I struggled. They weren’t better writers or more talented but my roots needed more time to grow deeper in the ground. Aren’t you glad never gives up on any of us, even when we are still living outside of His word. He tends to us just as he does others that seem to be growing faster than us, and like the landscaper he continues to tend to us when everyone else has given up on us. I am often amazed how God reveals Himself and His visions for our lives in everyday things like planting and tending to plants. We just have to look for it, he speaks to us in many ways.
Are you seeing others growing faster and becoming more successful or better with the ladies than you? We have different task to do, some take very little preparation while other takes much more. Do you roots need more time to grow deeper than others because of what God has for you? Are your seeing the signs or hearing His voice in your everyday walk. No matter what the case know God has work for all of us to do, some is bigger some is smaller and if we let Him, He will provide us with all the preparation n carrying out the task. He is an awesome God, we just need to let Him have His way and do what’s necessary to fulfill our dreams, answer our prayers and get us ready for what it is He has for each of us to do!!!!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

May God continue to bless you cuz, I love you &
I'm very proud of you!
Thank you for the encouragement this week!
Dave

September 01, 2007 7:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your testimony.
It was powerful.
I pray all is well.
Give my love to all your family. Love Aunt Carol

September 03, 2007 5:31 PM  
Blogger AJ WOODSON said...

thank you very much
I am just starting to embrace my calling and be obedient and give myself to it.
To allow God to truly use me as an instrument to inspire others.
May God continue to bless both of you as well
have a blessed day!

September 04, 2007 1:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home