Wednesday, January 30, 2008

A Message from Tyler Perry - 2008

I know its been a minute since I posted anything on here. I have been goin thru alot since my last post. that isnt a good excuse, i should have been posting more but Im baaaaack!!!
I was checkin my email today and I came accross an email from Tyler Perry (an email that goes out to those who signed up to his email list) and it hit home and I wanted to share it with all of you...

Hey there,
Happy New Year!
I hope that your 2008 is off to a great start!
I haven't written in a while because at the end of each year and going into another I take the time to stop and look back and reflect. I think it's important to do that because every day we get, no matter how old or young we may be, is a gift. It is just a blessing to be on this planet. And I want my life and my days to be filled with joy and peace. I want my life to be a light that inspires and uplifts people. I don't always make it, but that is my intent. And when your intent is to do good, 98% of the time "Good" is were you land.

But what I've found about having this desire is that when you try to be a better person you are often faced with challenges and tests. The key is toknow that whatever it is, it was sent to help you to become the person that God wants you to be. Although it's hard to do I have learned, and amlearning everyday, to tell God "thank you" for the good and for what I think may be bad. It's all in his hands.

Also in my reflecting I ask myself a lot of tough questions, like:
- Did I grow this past year?
- Did I get better?
- Did I do my best by my family and friends and employees?
- Was I good to myself?
- Did I enjoy everyday?
- Did I hold on to people and situations that didn't want to be held on to?
- Did I give all I could?
- Did I love as hard as I could no matter how scary it may have been for me?
- Did I let go of all the pain?
- Did I forgive when I was done wrong?
and
- Did I forgive myself when I did wrong?

And after asking myself all of these questions and answering them really honestly I was pleased to be able to say to myself that I had done my best. And what I realized (mostly this past year) was that living a life in fear is not living at all.

So this year, in 2008, promise to be good to yourself. Promise to love 'till it hurts and give 'till you know it's a sacrifice. That's what I'm going to try to do this year. Anybody want to join me? (smile). I promise you that if you start out this year doing these things then by the end of '08 these things will have found their way back into your life as well. You reap what you sow. People always say that in the negative but it is so in the positive as well. If you sow "Good" then when your harvest comes it will be nothing but "Good". SO . . .
May God bless you real good.

Sorry I've been MIA but I've been working really hard. Check out what I've been working on.

We received 7 NAACP Image Award nominations. Four of them were for WHY DID I GET MARRIED and three of them were for HOUSE OF PAYNE.

HOUSE OF PAYNE starts nationwide on Fox in February 2008. Please check it out.

Also, the DVD for WHY DID I GET MARRIED-The Movie and also the DVD for WHAT's DONE IN THE DARK-The Stage Play will be released and on sale February 12th, 2008.

MEET THE BROWNS-The Movie opens on March 21st. The trailer and THE VERY FIRST TYLER PERRY SHOW ARE AVAILABLE TO WATCH RIGHT NOW ON T.P.T.V.

Click the link below to watch the trailer and the show now. The show tells you how busy I've been.

The trailer is available to watch right now on my website. Click the link below to watch the trailer now.
http://www.tylerperry.com/show
God bless,
TP
To respond to this message, please go to
http://www.tylerperry.com/messageboard

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger OLIVER EIGHTY ONE said...

Happy Birthday AJ for the 5th. Have a great one. Maximum respect for all you've done and are doing!

February 04, 2008 5:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey my name is lb igot a message in my e mail that real move me from mr. perry about pray i'm 33 years old and i have hiv i've had it since i was 22. its been so hard for me ihave 3 children my olds is 9 my twins are 8 and they all were born with hiv but it grew out of it. every day is a struggle for me to pay my rent to keep my lights on and to keep food on the table .ipray and keep a smile on my face and a song in my heart cause i know my prays will one day change things!!! luv lyprisa@optonline.net 5/28/2008

May 31, 2008 1:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home