Monday, December 01, 2008

BACK TO THE LAB: a word to my friends and fam!

This one goes out to my family friends. Recently many people have been reaching out to me and complaining I have been unreachable. My cell is off (partially financially but I haven't rushed to get it back on either) and even those who email me haven't always gotten a reply right back or at all lately. When I have answered emails, some have commented I didn't reply to every email. Since I received so many emails and have been told by friends and loved ones what other friends and loved ones have said, I decided to attempt to address everyone at one time with this post! Through out my life I have always had times I have gone back to the lab so to speak, to regroup, think, strategize and plan out my next move.

But these past few months I have had to shut out the world so that I could finish my newly released book and work on the follow up. I had to plan and promote it so I could let the world know it was available. I needed some quiet time alone with just me and GOD! Some time to just get intimate with GOD! I believe GOD is makin some major moves in my life and there is a lot of preparation on my part. He is preparing me, molding me, taking many out of my inner circle, from the front row of my life and kicking them up to the nosebleed seats.

While I have been thru this before, usually the non stop ringing of my cell phone and or 2-way, would at some point be a major distraction even with my best laid efforts. It became evident and still is necessary for me to meditate and persistently reflect on HIS Word! Even Jesus pulled Himself away from the people to be alone with His Father!

Jesus often withdrew to the wilderness for prayer (Luke 5:16). Jesus made sure he often withdrew to quiet, solitary places to pray. It was a habit. Many things demand our attention these days and we often run ourselves ragged attending to them. But like Jesus I am learning to take time to withdraw to a quiet and deserted place to pray. I am learning to go back to the lab and shut the world off. Strength comes from GOD and we can be strengthened only by spending time with HIM!

I was one that heard others talk about meditation and didn't really know what that was. I thought it was sitting somewhere on the floor with my legs crossed, humming in a low tone or something. I tried to meditate in that way and would fall asleep. I have learned meditating means spending time with GOD! Reading the Bible and thinking about what you've just read. Asking yourself how you should change so you're living as GOD wants. Knowing and meditating on GOD's Word are the first steps toward applying it to your everyday life. If I want to truly follow GOD more closely I have to know what He says! So I have gone back to the lab to begin these first steps. Many may not understand or be pleased, but as long as GOD is pleased, it's all good! Cause unlike my friends and family and loved ones, His opinion lasts forever.


Think about what I am saying. the Lord will give you understanding in all things.
- II Timothy 2:7

Paul told Timothy to reflect on his words and GOD would give him insight. God speaks through the Bible and His Word, but we need to be open and be receptive to Him! I ask all my friends, family members and loved ones who are reading these words to pray for me. I am embarking on a new journey to the unknown. This is new to me, but I know GOD is calling me and I am answering, submitting to His will. But now I need to shut out the world for periods of a time to get intimate with GOD to go back to the lab and let God reinvent me!

You know all my life I have tried to continually reinvent myself, but I now realize only GOD can do that! It is GOD where I will get my strength. It is GOD who will give me understanding. It is thru GOD that all things are possible. So I am goin' off into the wilderness, withdrawing myself from the world to pray and meditate... so to speak. Many people think and like others I have been taught that prosperity and success comes from having power. A relentless desire to get ahead and influentual personal contact. Its not what you know but who you know! That last sentence is so true, but while it has taken me a long time to learn, even those who are powerful and wealthy, the movers and the shakers, are nothing without GOD!


Study this Book of the Law continually. Meditate on it day and night so you may be sure to obey all that is written in it. Only then will you succeed.- Joshua 1:8

The strategy for gaining prosperity that GOD taught Joshua goes against what the world teaches as the secret to success. God said to succeed, Joshua must be strong and courageous because the task ahead would not be easy. Obey God's laws and constantly read and study the Book of the Law, GOD's Word! To truly be successful we must follow GOD's words to Joshua. Even if it doesn't seem like succcess by the world's standards. Then and only then will you be a success in GOD's eyes and like I wrote earlier His opinion lasts forever!

Like Joshua God has let me know HE has a great work to do thru me and it's not goin' to be easy, so I must constantly read and study GOD's Word and then like Jesus, go off into the wilderness find a quiet and deserted place to pray! So when you don't hear from me, when I don't immediately return or reply to an email. When you don't have a phone number to reach me or haven't seen me for awhile, don't take it personal but pray for me. Don't worry but rejoice in the fact I am getting intimate with GOD. I have gone back to the lab so HE can rebuild me, reinvent me, prepare me for all I need for the battle and task(s) ahead! PRAISE GOD for all He has done, is doing and will do to me and thru me.

In closing I may not be what or where I wanna be, but I am so glad and thank GOD so much that I am not where or what I used to be! I may have done what they said but I am not who they say I am! Say a pray fro the SPIRITUAL MINDED movement and all God is doin', cause even if I don't alwasy understand at that very moment, HE is up to something, in my life, that I know for sure!

Have A Blessed Day!!!!!
A.J. Woodson
Freelance Hip hop Journalist
and Professional Hip-Hop Junkie
official myspace page http://www.myspace.com/daprofessionalhiphopjunky

check out for my new book
SPIRITUAL MINDED: da daily devotion for da hip-hop generation http://www.lulu.com/content/2830182
SPIRITUAL MINDED II comin soon, I'm writing it as we speak!!!

SPIRITUAL MINDED Da Movement, Da Magazine, Da Online Radio Show and Da Social Network For The Spiritually Minded! http://spiritualminded.ning.com/

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Sistah Kenya said...

Wow! I know how much it took for you to write this. I must say I completely understand what you are going through for there have been times in my life that the same transpired. I support you in every effort you make toward growing in your spiritual walk with God.

For it will be through you that all my blessings will flow...You know how it goes. The Lord has blessed me with an Awesome man such as yourself and I am forever grateful. I will continue to pray for you and I pray that ALL your family and friends will understand that you are answering to a higher calling...

This act of obedience is an example that we all should follow! I pray their strength in God as well as understanding to you transitioning stages. I love you very much darling! You mean the world to me.

I pray that I will continue to be all that God is calling me to be in your life! Always know I am here for you. Brotha Rok I am well pleased with you walk with God!
All Praise be unto The Most High

SHALOM

December 01, 2008 1:10 PM  
Blogger AJ WOODSON said...

Thank you very much Sistah Kenya for all you words and encouragement and for believing in me even when you can't see where GOD is taking me at times.
I thank HIM daily for blessing me with you in my life as well and showing me the fullness of HIS LOVE for me thru you!
Peace and Blessings
AJ 'Brother Rok' Woodson

December 01, 2008 4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home